Stellar new product development is no accident – it is the result of a repeatable, cross-functional approach based on best practices.
This book is a collection of 18 articles, handpicked by the authors, that span the practices critical for success; from generating breakthrough new ideas, accelerating the Stage-Gate Idea-to-Launch process, improving project selection with portfolio management and developing a product innovation and technology strategy. Key topics include:
- How to get maximum returns from your scarce resources and valuable assets
- How to make appropriate investment allocations to critical arenas and project types
- The critical link between the portfolio management and businesses strategy
- Generating breakthrough new product and service ideas
- How to screen for winning products earlier in the process
- Overcoming the crunch in new product development resources
- Successfully implementing a Stage-Gate product innovation process
- Align cross-functional teams and drive new products to market with speed and success
- How top performing companies consistently achieve sales and profit expectations.